cheesemonkey wonders

cheesemonkey wonders

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Something's happening here... what it is ain't exactly clear...

A funny thing happened today on the way to basic linear equation and function skills today in Algebra 1:

students started using precise mathematical language without my having to prod them.

First, a student demonstrating a problem at the board announced matter-of-factly, "Well, first you use the distributive property, making sure not to drop any negative signs. Then you add '2x' to both sides of the equation."

I almost swallowed my own tongue.

Stop, children, what's that sound... everybody look what's going down... 

1 comment:

  1. The blog or and best that is extremely useful to keep I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for, I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    CatNinja.org
    Wormateio

    ReplyDelete